Re: Aqua Regia & Animation

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 10/12/05-11:25:43 PM Z

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, RHobbs3@aol.com wrote:

> Could it be that your acid was stored in a place that reached a higher
> temperature? That would promote fuming.

No, it's in the cellar, which is cooler in summer, warmer in winter --
and the sulfuric and nitric on the next shelf didn't fume at all.

> I prefer "The Wrong Trousers", but great to see two stop-motion features
> doing real box-office simultaneously (each with a Harryhausen reference,
> take that digital Kong)

I forgot "The Wrong Trousers".... Yes, yes, also terrific. I remembered
"Creature Comforts" because I saw it first. Both were hard acts to
follow... & IMO Were Rabbit missed. However, speaking of movies, permit
me to recommend two others: "William Eggleston in the Real World" is
actually (I thought) a stupid movie, but seeing Eggleston and his
photographs large on screen is fabulous. Tho I admit, I love Eggleston.

The other is also animation, of a sort. Prize winning independent
art film I forget the name of, animating the work of Henry Darger --
incredible art brilliantly turned into other art. At the Film Forum a
while back. I think also in DVD. You could probably Google "Henry Darger"
for the title. (If not, Film Forum is in the neighborhood. I'll ask.)

cheers,

Judy