Re: First tri-colour gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 10/16/05-02:51:56 AM Z

This is poetic justice, for once, to have a site that my old Netscape
will open easily but current Explorer won't.

Don't apologize for posting the link, David; it's always great to see
what people are doing, and why not post your first tricolor, since
tricolor gum is something of an achievement. If my system was working,
I'd scan my first tricolor (I think I've still got it somewhere) as a
comparison; it wasn't anything like yours. Everything was so
overpigmented and overexposed and underdeveloped that the details, what
there were in the cropped and enlarged 35mm image, were completely
obscured. But I did learn from that first attempt that PY110 and PR175
make a great faux-metallic gold color, when overpigmented and printed
over each other. It was an interesting picture, but nothing like a
tricolor.

I'm a little puzzled by Chris's comment about yellow and purple, though,
since I see neither; I see pink and orange and blue, the colors of a
sunset. Just another illustration of the fact that one should never
judge color from an electronic reproduction, I guess.

Keep on printing!
Katharine