Effect of Tween 20

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 10/16/05-07:44:38 PM Z

Does the addition of Tween 20 cause an emulsion to really absorb quickly
into the paper? The reason I'm asking is that I cooked up a batch of
Argyrotype emulsion last night and it seems that I require double the
emulsion to coat the same area as compared to say VDB or Cyano. I added
about .20 ml per 100 ml of solution during the preparation as suggested by
Ware's formula. I'm wondering if I should have heeded the advice to add it
prior to coating. What's the consensus about the addition of Tween 20 and
Argyrotype? Thx.

~m