Re: A bit off-topic but I need help!

From: christine shepherd ^lt;shepherd@celticweb.com>
Date: 10/21/05-02:19:59 PM Z

hi,

steve is right, you will never get perfectly balanced color from cross-processed film. people usually cross process slide film to get that wacky color effect - intense "crossed" colors. getting a good skin tome is nigh impossible, but plan on longer exposure time, and do a set of 2 inch test strips with hugely different filters dialed in like 10-50-100 30-80-20 and 100-10-70. one of those should get you in the ballpark and you can go from there. but it will be weird.

good luck,
~christine

You have noticed that everything an Indian does is in a circle, and that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round.....The Sky is round, and I have heard that the Earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The Wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nest in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours....
Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves.

~Black Elk