Re: Magnani Pescia et al.. for gumprinting

From: davidhatton ^lt;davidhatton@superonline.com>
Date: 10/26/05-01:08:06 PM Z

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for that most comprehensive response. I note and agree that
aesthetically speaking, all other things being equal, the surface,
texture and colour of a particular paper will appeal to some and not to
others.

I think I have already rejected Rives BFK after my Internet gleanings
and the fact that it is listed as a printmaking paper a process which
has, I believe, little to do with repeated water immersion.

The only tests I'm likely to be able to do whilst in the UK of GB and NI
are shrinkage, colour, texture and strength after immersion. I'll try
and get some samples ordered in advance.

One question. Fabriano Artistico Extra White Hot Press is available in
both 300gsm and 640 gsm. Bearing in mind your point with regard to
different weights having differing characteristics, which one did you
use in your prints/tests?

Best Regards

David H