Re: report on cynotype and acid and a chemistry question.

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 10/27/05-08:12:05 PM Z

Carmen and Tom

I do not take credit for the 2A:1B; this is a formula from Sam Wang, who
prints incredible cyanotypes. Sam, in turn, learned it from another bigwig
whose name I cannot remember. Both Sam and this guy did extensive testing of
the different formulae and this was their finding. Maybe Sam will chime in
here with who the guy was. My exposures under UVBL are about 6 minutes.

I have not experienced any bleeding at all in the darks so I'm not sure why
James suggests this. However, I no longer use, nor need, any citric acid or
vinegar or those kinds of things. Vinegar just ended up mordanting the
cyanotype to my bathtub, my trays, my everything (I was going to say "nuts"
but I held myself back).
Chris
PS Carmen, I understand the 10 hour teaching day thing. I have been pushing
that for 9 weeks now...luckily my fridays are free to play catchup and also
print!