Re: Let's switch the New Orleans controversy to glut now please...

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 09/02/05-09:15:24 AM Z

Hi Judy!
No, the print that didn't speckle was still developed. With Mark Nelson's
PDN system I have not been spray developing because I can't control that
variable well enough to get justifiable comparisons, so I have been
still-developing for 30 minutes.

The Rives speckled tremendously (Mark brought the test wedgies home with him
and Jane), and after a couple hours of still-developing I did spray it and
the stain never disappeared.

I guess what it proves to me is that with the same neg, the same exposure
time, the same development variable, that the chances of getting
speckling/staining on Rives is much greater than on Fabriano--maybe due to
the paper or the sizing. However, I got speckling on Fabriano when I sized
with gly and NEVER with glut.

You can get your 2.5% hardener from, I think as a poster said a while back,
the Maco Black Magic Hardener. At least, that is what I am assuming, and I
have an email into Maco for an MSDS sheet. Was it Hamish who talked about
it??? Does anyone have a URL to the hardener MSDS???
Chris