RE: low viscosity gum combo

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;Keith@GumPhoto.com>
Date: 09/07/05-02:21:09 PM Z

Gordon -

Very timely that you would mention this. I recently obtained samples of 3
different gums, tragacanth being one of them. I'll be testing them in a
couple of weeks and I'll post my results. As I understand it, gum
tragacanth is hardly in the same ballpark as gum arabic, viscosity-wise.
Gum tragacanth can have a 1% viscosity of anywhere from 300 cps to 1200 cps,
the average (in the food industry) being about 800 cps. If you made the
most concentrated solution you could of gum Arabic (about 70%) it would only
be about 200 cps. I'm hoping for a breakthrough that will revolutionize
gumprinting!! (and open up a myriad of new paths for failure...)

Keith