warranty

From: Gerry Giliberti ^lt;GGILIBERTI@controlotron.com>
Date: 09/15/05-06:46:28 AM Z

FYI
I didn't get any outside warranty when I bought my Epson 2200. It broke down
after six months (one of the ink cartridge slots stopped accepting ink
cartridges). I contacted Epson and they sent me a new one (or, at their
discretion, refurbished-according to their 1 year warranty) with inks and I
then sent mine back in their shipping box. They paid for everything. My
impression is that they are making so many of these products that there are
bound to be problems. If someone offered a 3 year warranty for $60 then it's
probably worth it, but the free Epson 1 year warranty is pretty good from
my experience. Also, the graphic artist I work with has gone through three
Epson 2200s all within a year and they paid for everything. (She uses a MAC
primarily with Quark and Photoshop and she has had printer problems none of
which anyone understands.)

Gerry G