RE: update on lumen prints

From: Baird, Darryl ^lt;dbaird@umflint.edu>
Date: 09/15/05-12:05:14 PM Z

ok,ok something new to report on the lumen/lumin prints...

after a week or so of dark storage I fixed one of those prints from
the previous link and the results are promising

Fixing Steps:
- a short tap-water presoak
- a 1% sodium thiosulphate bath for one minute with agitation
- five miute wash

when the print first came out of the fix, it had lost most of the
reddish hues, deep yellow hues replaced them. BUT upon drying the
reddish color is returning -- only in areas that were previously more
bluish, (mainly the background areas). this mirrors many of
Burchfields images 'look.'

I'm trying a longer, but not stronger, fix bath and will have a print
to checkout in a few hours. I'll try to get this posted if I have time

still it is a step towards more color... yippee

George, if you get a chance to tone before fixing I'd like to know the
results.

later

-Darryl