Re: your mail

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 09/18/05-06:26:00 PM Z

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, maria ahlberg wrote:

> Hi everybody
> Is there someone one the list who have some materials in gum printing, a
> compendium perhaps.
> I would be glad if someone wanted to send it to me.
> Maria Sweden Uppsala

Maria, The alternative photography website has posted all of Post-Factory
#1 as a PDF. It has complete instructions, info, diagrams, examples,
materials, history, esthetics, plus a bibliography of gum printing -- very
authoritative, as certified by celebrity endorsements on this list.

It also, by the way, has the gum section from Puyo & Demachy's "Les
Procedes d'Art en Photographie," translated by yrs truly with help of Mark
Bernier, which I'd totally forgotten (tho I slaved over it for days) until
I saw it again in the digital re-reprint.

However, maybe someone else can give you the exact URL -- or maybe it's
just alternativephotography.com? (My hard drive crashes and burns, giving
off toxic fumes and global warming, also inverting all dichromate ions if
I do browser.)

Judy