Re: What are the advantages of using Cyanotype as the first layer fortri-color gum prints? Paper Problems...

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 09/20/05-06:45:47 AM Z

Oops! There's a typo!
"About platinum: I'm totally sure that it may show better resolution
than Cyanotype using the same negative, printed on the same paper."
should be:
...I'm "NOT" totally sure...
Regards,
Loris.

Loris,
I'll trust your judgment on this one because I will never try pt/pd on cold
pressed Fabriano :) BUT I do have test targets on Platine of both cyanotype
and palladium and will scan them tomorrow and see if you are, in fact, right
on.

Why I mentioned the pt/pd off the cuff is that the tiniest test target that
I show on that image on Mark's website, the one that is obliterated in all
the gum but in 3/4 of the cyano, on COLD pressed paper, on a smooth paper
such as Parchmont Wove shows even down to the one pixel side of that target,
as well as all lines. So it can't get any better than that, so to speak.
Chris