Re: Web Site Horror-scsi

From: Eric Nelson ^lt;emanmb@yahoo.com>
Date: 09/21/05-02:17:03 PM Z

Just be careful which one you get.
I installed an OEM Adaptec 2930BU SCSI card from a Mac
clone into my G4 and it ran fine in OS 9. When I
switched to OS X, the machine ran incredibly slow and
no one could tell me why. I thought my machine was
underpowered so I upgraded the processor. Sonnet
helped me figure out it was the SCSI card.

Also FYI, Adaptec is no longer supporting Mac OS so
maybe their products aren't the way to go.

"Thank you for visiting Adaptec’s Mac OS compliance
page.
Adaptec is no longer developing SCSI drivers for the
Mac OS. Technical support is available for those
products still in their complimentary support period;
however, there will be no new SCSI drivers, firmware,
or patches available."
<<http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/supporteditorial.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&prodkey=mac_osx_info>>

Eric
www.eman-photo.com