Re: zone system and large format film

From: davidhatton ^lt;davidhatton@superonline.com>
Date: 09/29/05-05:05:50 AM Z

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> When you all are out in the field, do you generally place your shadows
> on Zone III and highlights on Zone VII or Zone VIII??

Hi Christina,

You can't do that. You can only select one zone then let the others fall
where they may based on that selection. The phrase often used is
'important detail' in the scene. Modify your selection of zone by
developing the negative appropriately (either to expand or compress the
zones to fit your 'vision'.

I know, grandmother, eggs etc., but I hope this helps :?)

David H