bronzing in pt/pd

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 04/06/06-07:40:17 AM Z

To switch topics from hard, hard, hard, I have a question of you pt/pd
experts:

Yesterday at crit one of the student's prints was SEVERELY bronzed. We
troubleshooted for a while with all the possible reasons. Then, come to
find out, he didn't read my manual wherein is the drop count chart, and
assumed (this is funny) when I told everyone to build their curves around a
6/6/1 mix--6 solution one, 6 solution 2, and 1 drop NA2--I was not telling
him the PROPORTION but the drop count to use. So he did an 8x10 with 13
drops!! Actually an 8.5 x11 almost.

SO, we went back and reprinted with a correct drop count, and presto, no
bronzing.

Question: am I safe to assume that the bronzing is directly related here to
too thin of a coat of solution?
chris