Re: Gum hardening -- top down?

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 04/06/06-03:16:51 PM Z

>I would just add which will possibly just add to the confusion that any
>attempt to prove or disprove any of these theories one would have to
>consider all other variables in play especially the pigment(s) color, the
>amount of pigment, the thickness of the coating, exposure, etc.
>
>Regards
>Yves

I agree with you on this, and it makes me think I may have not stated
the case accurately in suggesting that the test I suggested to test
the top-down concept of hardening was a simple one. In fact, getting
the right amount of pigment to dichromate in carbon printing is not
at all simple because you have to have the right balance between
coating height, pigment concentration and strength of the dichromate
sensitizer. It will almost certainly be as complicated to do this
with gum as it is with carbon.

Sandy