Re: Best Gum Prints I have seen : Criteria

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 04/06/06-05:16:52 PM Z

Terry,

My criteria are.

1. The print indicates mastery of the technical potential of the medium.

and

2. The print shows artistic creativity and imagination.

Am I qualified to make such an observation? I think so. I have
personally seen and handled gum and many other types of alternative
prints by some of the most outstanding printers of this and others
periods.

Based on my criteria, and using such experience as I have, my opinion
is that Chris is a talented artist with outstanding control of her
medium. And believe me on this one, if this girl does not know the
answer to a question about gum, she will find it, either by research
in the literature, or by testing. I really admire those qualities.

Sandy