Re: potassium vs. ammonium citrate pd developer

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 04/10/06-02:36:23 AM Z

Chris,

Maybe someone with good chemistry knowledge can tell you how to "make"
ammonium citrate. I'm not completely sure but mixing strong ammonia with
citric acid may give you ammonium citrate - I neither know the
proportions you should use, nor know if that's a dangerous reaction! I'm
just mentioning this for letting a chemist chime in and clarify this
issue. You probably have citric acid on hands but I'm not sure about
ammonia. (Maybe it household 15-25% ammonia can be used too - if it's
possible to make ammonium citrate that way of course)

Regards,
Loris.

  _____

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 04/09/06-01:24:34 PM Z
I'm freaking out. It is Sunday, my order will not arrive til wednesday,
and
I am almost out of ammonium citrate developer. Can I safely substitute
potassium citrate!!!!!???? Same speed and such? Color??? Can I mix it
into
the ammonium citrate I have??

The reason it is a problem is I NEVER have had developing lines, and I
have
so little am cit left that when i poured it onto the print it developed
with
splatter lines...:(((((

I'm also freaking out because an ink cartridge with the R2400 only
prints
out about 10-12 13x19 Pictorico negs so I am limited until my cartridges

come on wednesday, too. oh well. What a weekend...
Chris
PS TIA from all you palladium gurus...most everything practical I know
about
palladium comes from you guys (even with reading every book out
there...)