RE: potassium vs. ammonium citrate pd developer

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 04/10/06-04:38:24 AM Z

Terry, don't panic... I know very well that mixing ammonia and citric
acid will form ammonium citrate (I mixed potassium oxalate and sodium
citrate before, therefore I'm not that much uninformed about
neutralization reactions). What I don't know is:

1) the exact proportions of the chemicals in order to end up with a
neutral salt solution
2) if the reaction cause too much effervescence and/or heat and/or
something else that may cause harm

That's why I specifically added the comment "...I neither know the
proportions you should use, nor know if that's a dangerous reaction! I'm
just mentioning this for letting a chemist chime in and clarify this
issue..." marked in red and suggested that a "chemist" should intervene
(I repeat: a chemist). Please do not warp what I said or act like we are
totally ignorant about chemicals - this is highly disrespectful.