Re: Gum hardening: top down?

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 04/11/06-02:54:55 AM Z

In a message dated 11/4/06 9:02:28 am, kthayer@pacifier.com writes:

> Jack,
> It's just regular mylar, scuffed lightly with 320 grit sandpaper on
> the printing side to give it some tooth for the hardened gum to
> attach to.
> Katharine

There is also an acrylic sheet made with micro-indentations such that
watercolours may be painted onto the transparent material.

I have made lay-downs using this material to demonstrate the build up of
contrast with multiple exposures.

Incidentally, Katherine's experiment could have been more effective in
demonstrating the top down effect had she made two or three exposures, building uo
the contrast, rather than just the one which appeared to be somewhat
inconclusive..

Terry

Terry