Keith Gerling method of gum on metal

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 04/12/06-07:16:08 AM Z

Thanks to Keith Gerling's expertise, a student subbed some metal with
glutaraldehyde hardened gelatin, added a tsp of pumice to the gelatin per
1/2 cup, and then did gum layers on top. It is amazing the detail he got.
So much for gum not printing halftones. He is doing a final project in
this, on brass and copper.

Thanks a BUNCH Keith!

Gees, one student doing a gorgeous Dan Burkholder project, another student
quoting Kerik Kouklis' website as being an inspiration for his final
project, me doing Sam Wang method gums subbed with Ryuji Suzuki
glutaraldehyde hardened gelatin with Mark Nelson negs, Judy Seigel's PF
Journals in our library and my office, someone walking down the hall with a
Jill Enfield book....I could go on but you all get the picture, this list is
super with networking and expertise. If we could only keep the goading and
sniping down to a bare minimum and get back to actually MAKING work....