Re: Gum hardening: top down experiment Purpose ?

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 04/12/06-07:16:33 AM Z

Terry,

I thought the purpose of this experimentation was perfectly clear. If
one could work out a practical method of exposing from the back of
the carrier surface it would be possible to make gum prints with high
Dmax and a full range of tones with just one coating and exposure. In
theory prints made this way could not be just as rich in both shadow
density tonal range as a well-made carbon print.

Whether or not this can be done in practice, or if someone wants to
make the effort to find out, is a totally different matter. I am not
advocating this approach, just suggesting a testing methodology to
pursue for anyone who might be so interested.

Sandy