Re: Gum hardening: top down experiment

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 04/12/06-02:24:02 PM Z

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Katharine Thayer wrote:

> .... I don't hang any substrate, for that matter. Well, true I do
> hang paper, to get it out of the way while it's drying, but I only hang the
> paper after the gum layer is dry.

I second that, though I'll add that I dry prints laid flat on a sheet of
plexiglass slightly tilted, so that any runoff will run or drip off
instead of puddling.

Hanging to dry has another pitfall -- unless it's VERY carefully pinned
(more trouble than it's worth) the paper can dry warped or twisted &
therefore much harder to re-register.

J.