Re: Two carbon questions

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 04/13/06-09:01:43 AM Z

MessageLoris,

absolutely, no problem with the approach. Instead of guessing how much you need to add to compensate for the exposure not reaching the bottom I could suggest a similar approach to find out how much is left on the print after development for a specific exposure time and dichro %. This would take additional tests but you wouldn't be dissapointed with your first estimate which maybe far off. But again it may be all right I wouldn't know, having no experience to speak of.

The reason I'm trying to model all of this is because I don't want to repeat tests every time I change my mind about the tickness, Dmax and or the relief I'd like to obtain. I know I'll have to do a few more tests the first time around but after that never again except when I change pigment but even then the number of additional test will probably be limited to just a few.

The amount Sandy suggested seems to be about twice as much as my extrapolated value which could mean 5% increase may be far from enough. If I recall correctly Sandy as plenty of experience and I would be confident starting with his numbers instead of mine (guesstimates).

Regards
Yves