Re: Pointless discussion?

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 04/13/06-10:24:24 PM Z

Yves,

If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering about inkjet
negatives and them degrading after repeated use and exposure to UV light?

I am going to run some tests on this when I get some time - basically read
the density of various colors and then leave that negative in my plate burner
and log the exposures and re-measure at intervals as I expose other prints.

In the meantime, I have negatives made on the 2200 with Ultrachrome inks and
on the epson R2400 which uses the Ultrachrome K3 inks and have used them for
about 10 exposures with no noticeable change in density. This would be about
two hours of exposure total.

Hope this is helpful,
Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives