Re: Could someone summarize that gum up or down discussion?

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 04/14/06-08:35:01 AM Z

Christina & all

I fear I wont be able to add much to what as already been said on this new
kind of gum prints except may be that it seems very promissing indeed. I
think we are all newbies on this one to a certain extent.

My first concern was about the archival properties of the plastic used for
the print but Ryuji as settle the matter on this.

Peter would like to transfer the image on paper, is it possible? I surely
hope so, maybe it can be done in a similar fashion as it is in the carbon
process...

Now your own concern about the short exposure scale of gum made me think of
using what as been learned for carbon again. May be if we used the same kind
of concentration of dichro as in carbon printing may be this would work fine
ie longer exposure scale and possibly even some relief???

The problem that arrise with multiple exposures and indirectly with
tri-color gums could be solved by transferring each layer on paper...

If the image can be transferred on paper may be we would be able to exposed
the emultion from the front as usual and we should also be able to add
layers at will???

All this is highly speculative of course but if it can be made to work, well
I think it would deserve that we wrote down the date this all started and
the names of the people involved especially Marek, for the future, we never
know. Just in case someone think: "I think my name should be there" stop
thinking immediately my name doesn't belong on that very short list.

Regards and many thanks to Marek persistance.
Yves