RE: some of my gum prints online.(printer and film used)

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 04/18/06-09:07:45 PM Z

Carmen, Marik, and all,

I have
been using Kodak backlit film for about two years and
I really like it. It's a semi-translucent film, matte
on the printing side and shiny on the front side. It
comes in rolls, but you can purchase a short roll for
about $30.00.( 16 feet by 36") .
It comes in 6ml, 7ml and 8ml. I use the 6ml; the
others will increase the exposure times too much. The
exposure times will about double with these films,
even the 6ml. the printer I use is an HP design jet
500, 42-inch plotter.

I just thought I would point out to anyone considering using the Kodak
Backlit film that dye inks should be used to print with, not pigmented inks.
So Epson printers like the 1280, 1160, and 3000 will work fine with cheap
Chinese dye inks (as noted by Judy Seigel a good while back). Pigmented inks
like those used on the Epson 2000, 2200, and 2400 and so on. Pigmented inks
just don't work well at all with this material.

Carmen, what is your source for the short rolls? I was told by one supplier
that it was no longer available.

Thanks,

Don Bryant