LEAD ACETATE ! ! ? ?

From: John Grocott ^lt;john.grocott403@ntlworld.com>
Date: 04/20/06-04:37:00 PM Z

Trevor and Folks,
                         Maybe this is getting a bit over cautious.
 I recall quite vividly at age twelve being in a class of kids when the science master lifted a jar of, what looked like sugar, from his desk and held it up for us all to see. He said in a loud voice, ''Sugar of Lead. Yes, it looks like sugar, doesnt it? One grain of this could kill a man. The whole jar could kill an army.''
        I felt that this statement was a bit of an exaggeration. And then, only today in fact, I read in my trusty Woodbury.....''Lead Acetate ( Sugar of Lead) ...with an odour resembling vinegar, and rather a sweetish taste.''

Now, fifty eight years later I am wondering whether our loud science master was just trying to scare the pants off us. Or what ?
Please stick to coffee and tea..... I think your w/s is great.

John Grocott - Photographist - London
SKYPE(video) name CARBONS999