Re: well I'll be....darned

From: Catherine Rogers ^lt;crogers@optusnet.com.au>
Date: 04/27/06-04:59:02 PM Z

Chris wrote

> How about dem Bears? (for those non-Americans, that's a football team)...
>
> Offlist, a friend of mine mentioned the fact that the planet Mars was
moving
> through Cancer and a lot of this blowup stuff is going to happen..... snip

You may have something there Chris.
I took 7 rolls of film to my usual (professional) lab last Friday and when I
picked them up on Wednesday, staff were full of appologies because the roll
of E6 had been exposed to light. Half the film was ruined - images which I
will never get again. As I paid I looked over a proof sheet of black and
white and noticed a strange mottling in the sky on one neg, checked the rest
and saw that they were all similarly mottled allover, and discovered that
all 5 rolls of TMAX100 were covered in this strange uneveness together with
a few other markings which looked like (fixer) contaminated developer. I
kind of bypassed anger and went straight into despair. A whole day's work
absolutely destroyed and quite unprintable - even the gradient tool can't
fix this. Sometimes (using lack of time as an excuse) I get a lab to process
my black and white film which I would normally do myself. BIG sigh. Big
mistake. The autumn light and the weather had been just right for this work
too....

I know you are all busting to know about the 7th roll. Well, it was
overdeveloped. Rather ugly, but usable at least. That was my fault because I
had forgotten to ask for an N-1. It couldn't have been any worse if I had
processed everything myself.

Here endeth my sad photography tale.
cheers
Catherine