Re: Gum without curves!

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 04/30/06-05:02:01 PM Z

Don

In a message dated 30/4/06 6:49:37 pm, dstevenbryant@mindspring.com writes:

> Three and a half hours, do you mean three and a half minutes? If you can
> achieve 2 minute exposures that harden the gum properly your UV light source
> must be extremely bright compared to mine or your negatives are extremely
> thin.

Not at all. The syastem I worked out for myself and have been using and
teaching for the last thirty years, needs far shorter exposure and development
times.

>I've just looked at your web site and I see nothing there that explains how
to make or print digital negatives for gum, not even close<

That Don is because it is so simple. If you don't need special curves then
all you have to do is forget that the inverted print is digital..

I have been handing this stuff out free for thirty years. Now I am getting
thousands of hits a week and a signifivcant amount of megs taken in downloads, I
am preparing a number of manuals for download, but for a fee.

Terry

.