RE: Off-Topic, New Orleans Images

From: BOB KISS ^lt;bobkiss@caribsurf.com>
Date: 04/30/06-08:35:13 PM Z

DEAR GREG,
        For some really paranoid bedtime reading, try Pynchon's GRAVITY'S RAINBOW.
It describes the fact that, all through WWII, British Shell was still doing
business with (Nazi occupied) Dutch Shell while the Dutch Shell tower in
Holland was being used for the immediate post launch guidance for the V-2
rockets on their way to England. Lovely...yes?
        As a young man, just before joining the armed forces in 1942, my father
worked for Merck Chemicals. He found it odd that he received special
overtime to work at night unloading newly arrived chemical drums marked "I.
G. FARBEN" into unmarked drums. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. GRAVITY'S RAINBOW alleges
that WWII was the first international corporate war. The nasty boys
(Adolph, Benito, etc) that made the press were just cover.
        And the beat goes on...
                CHEERS!
                        BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/