Re: Gum: Pigment stain and exposure

From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer_at_pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:13:15 -0700

No problem; I'm glad you asked for the clarification and that I was
able to clear up the misunderstanding. I assumed it was understood
that the discussion of this anomalous result was within the context
of the stain tests on some 20 different papers that I described
yesterday; without that understanding it could seem confusing
standing on its own. And perhaps I didn't make it clear enough that
the reason I was making a special point of emphasizing that
contradictory result was simply as an illustration of how misleading
single observations can be. At any rate, if it didn't seem clear,
then obviously I didn't make myself as clear as I thought I had.
Katharine