Re: HDR Photography: gimmick or reality?

From: Greg Schmitz <gws1_at_columbia.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 19:31:55 -0400 (EDT)

Dan Burkholder is the jurror for "Rarified Light: 2006"
<http://www.akphotoctr.org/> Dan gave a talk at talk at The Anchorage
Museum last night and showed many of his HDR prints. To my eye the HDR
effect looked very similar to what can be obtained with light painting.
FWIW, it's not that difficult to get a similar effect with film either by
masking, or using multiple negs in registration. BTW, I'll be attending
Dan's workshop this weekend and am looking forward to it.

-greg schmitz