Re: exposure lights and re-introduction

From: Judy Seigel <jseigel_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:16:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Laura Valentino wrote:

> So here's the question: Can someone recommend a supplier of lighting fixtures
> in Europe? I want to do gum printing and am thinking about metal halide grow
> lights. I need the european standard, 220V/50Hz preferably with a european
> plug. I suppose changing the plug is not too big a deal, so I could also
> order from the UK, but I'd prefer something I could just "plug and play". I
> live in Iceland. You'd think that in a country where everything is grown in
> greenhouses that I could buy these lights here, but nooooo! :)

Laura, I think the European-available lights most mentioned are Phillips,
"black light fluorescents." I have no experience with something called
specifically "metal halide grow lights" but the "grow lights" I tried in
the US were lousy. It was long ago & I disposed of them, so I can't say
what they were precisely, but they were extremely, even terminally slow,
so -- my suggestion is, don't take "grow lights" as a given.

Frankly, I'm surprised some European maven hasn't answered your question
yet... except it being August maybe they're all at the beach or in the
mountains. But now that I've said something, I expect a rush -- make that
a STAMPEDE ! -- to correct me.

so good luck.... and cheers !

Judy