Re: exposure lights and re-introduction

From: Henry Rattle <henry.rattle_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:26:01 +0100

Laura - like Tom, I built an exposure unit - a small one with 5 24 inch BL
fluorescent tubes - and it works fine, but is hardly plug and play.

My first gum prints were made with a "sunlamp" (it was a 300 watt Philips
bulb, though I think the current equivalent is the Osram Ultra-Vitalux)
which was hot, and slow compared to the fluorescents, but did the job.
However I've heard of folk on the list who have bought secondhand sunbeds -
these often go very cheaply - and they seem to work fine. Full-sized ones
are a bit big - unless you plan large prints - but smaller ones are made for
facial tanning.

Best wishes

Henry