Re: Sorry to ask again but...

From: Sandy King <sanking_at_clemson.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:07:18 -0400

Matt,

You don't want to mount directly to the scanner glass with fluid
because there is the risk of it getting into the scanner.

Better to have someone cut you a piece of glass that will fit over
the scanner glass, then install a frame on this glass of the size of
your negative, and glue the frame to the glass. This eliminates the
risk of the fluid getting into the scanner, plus you can remove it to
clean away from the scanner itself.

Sandy