Time

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 02/01/06-01:34:01 AM Z

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Yves Gauvreau wrote:
> ... I wonder if a well guided
> bunch of amateur (with time to spare) could at least make some minimal
> progress in the understanding of what't happening with this gum at least on
> a practical level?

Actually, Mike Ware, chemistry professor & phD, inventor of new cyanotype,
a new chrysotype, & argyrotype, among his other researches, did some
extended study of gum, and in both theory & findings made sense of the
hitherto unexplained. He shared some of this with me & I shared in print
& on the list. (I'm not sure if he put any of it on his website, however.)

I am trying to be done with this lose-lose topic, but I think it needs
saying that cracking chemical theory (really or in fantasy -- who's to
know the difference?) may be a lot of fun & games, but will do absolutely
NOTHING to make a single gum print more beautiful, or even more
successful. Everything really relevant to the making can be fine tuned
with a few 21-steps.

Life is all too short. Time to make art is all too fleeting.

Judy