Retro-Invention: cyanotype rex, chrysotype rex and platinum

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 02/02/06-06:10:29 AM Z

Hi

Before we distribute the pdfs for the cyanotype rex and chrysotype
processes we had to establish that our 'discoveries' could be replicated and that
they would last.

People in both the US and the UK have now made pictures using the processes
and the prints have been analysed by a conservation institute in Santa Monica
to ensure that there are no residual chemicals that would be likely to
affect the longevity of the prints..

As we needed to recover our costs, we also needed to find a way of making a
reasonable charge, $30, for the information. What we have done before has
been handed out free. Now that we have established a password/payment method
which appears to work,. we are ready to distribute the 'manual' for the
cyanotype rex process. This will be followed by manuals for the chrysotype rex,
gum, gravure and other processes..

Examples of both the ''rex' processes can be found on my web site (see
below). Let me know if you are interested in receiving a copy of the cyanotype rex
manual.

Our experiments have demonstrated that the chrysotype rex is simple and
inexpensive while the cyanotype rex is simple, easily toned, and so fast that we
have made in camera cyanotype negatives from which we have made prints.

People might also like to know that the work of our retro-invention
programme has now led on to platinum prints, using ink jet negatives made on Kentmere
Translucent II backlight projection material, giving exposure times for
prints as short as thirty seconds under fluorescent UV tubes.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

_www.hands-on-pictures.com/_ (http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/)