RE: Nikon D200 (for alt)

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 02/05/06-01:47:58 PM Z

Being a digital camera retard (albeit not going back to film EVER), I
hesitate to even mention this -- but perhaps some enlightening comments
will ensue..

In this past Thursday's column in the Times, David Pogue, who had just
been to the digital camera expo, commented to the effect that the race to
pixel heights is over, because the cameras at circa 8 mp are everywhere
and/or great, or something like that.

I myself am intrigued by word of a Kodak with 2 lenses (my largest beef
with the Canon-from-hell being that the framing is too un-widefocus, that
is, after the buttons all over the thing that go off everytime I pick it
up).

It would be nice to have a camera that doesn't try to do every funny
trick, or chirp like a bird or woof like a dog when you hit the wrong
button, but Of course I realize that the nikon cited, among others, is
another order of being... Or is it still?

PS: Also in the NY Times Business Section, either Friday or Saturday, an
interesting article about 3rd party inkjet refills -- at Walgreen and Home
Depot (I think it was) among other places.

Judy