RE: Retro-Invention: cyanotype rex, chrysotype rex and platinum

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 02/06/06-01:49:04 PM Z

Thanks Terry.

Two probable reasons why you perceive the prints as lacking subtle
gradation:
* Your screen is not properly calibrated (I use ColorVision Spyder2 to
profile the monitor and my scanner is also profiled using IT8 targets)
* The prints are from 35mm negatives. If you're used to and desire the
subtle gradation provided by medium or large format films, I can't do
anything about that.

As you're samples were low contrast with weak Dmax to me; I tried to choose
contrasty images with good Dmax in order to make you understand what I'm
talking about... Not that I can't do or don't have low contrast images with
smooth tonality (especially images from my 6x6 are pretty good in that
respect).

Conclusion: This conversation/discussion didn't give me enough motivation to
order any of your PDFs. As I'm happy with my current setup and process
choice, I will only review this conclusion when I hear/see something that
will give me the urge to try it...

Regards,
Loris.