argyrotype

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 02/10/06-12:19:49 AM Z

I mixed up a batch of argyrotype this past week--a liter of the stuff for
class. I noticed that in comparison to VDB it is very weak and blah, a kind
of dull cooler brown unlike the past argyrotypes that I made several years
ago, both from a premixed formula and from one I mixed myself.

I added tween to the mix in the proportions that Ware recommends. I did
filter the black sludge out as the formula recommends, too.

How long do you all let argyrotype age--I was thinking maybe it needed a few
more days to age...i only had it age 5 days.

Have any of you added gum arabic to your coating mix?

Even with a double coat it seems to be the same..

Two different papers, Rives BFK and Platine.

At least the liter of VDB mixed up looks great!
chris