Re: Glassine Envelopes

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 02/13/06-04:18:33 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Maxey" <written_by@msn.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: Glassine Envelopes

  FWIW, there is a great deal of stuff on glassine at the
American Institute of Conservation site at
http://aic.stanford.edu/jaic/ and on the Conservation On
Line site which is linked to it. I did a search on both for
"glassine" and came up with quite a few references, many
about the use of glassine in book binding etc., but a few
about photographic materials. In general they recommend
against the use of glassine but I could not find anything
specific. Again, my reading was very casual.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com