Re: Choosing the best gum to pigment ratio.

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 02/13/06-05:49:45 PM Z

Saturation is how strong a color is, how intense in other words. It can't
get more intense than in the tube before you cut it with the gum.
There are some colors that are more weakly saturated in the tube--PR209
Quinacridone Coral is not a very intense red. neither is Raw Sienna an
intense yellow. But their particular lower saturation would in turn be
diluted with gum. Then when I use them in my prints, I use more of my stock
pigment mix.

 There is no color I can think of that I would need to make more saturated
than what is in the actual tube. There is one color I don't use because it
is blah--sepia...
Chris