Re: temperaprint & foaming

From: Hellena Cleary ^lt;hellena@hncleary.plus.com>
Date: 02/14/06-04:21:26 AM Z

I think all coating techniques are difficult in the beginning but as we
master a medium we tend to forget this fact. I will always remember how
terrible my first efforts were with a glass rod. If you are using the
correct dilution there should not be too much of a problem. An anti-foaming
agent is not necessary. As Dennis noted you have too much solution on the
paint pad or roller. I always roll off the excess onto a kitchen towel and
use a nice lightly saturated roller and coat with a bit of pressure at
first then gradually going lighter. Dry and expose and then on to the next
coat. I wouldn't worry if your first coats are a bit streaky and uneven.
Press on because this is a very forgiving process and the effects are
created by the combination of colours resulting from the various coatings
rather than a first perfect coat so an imperfection may well disappear after
a couple of coats. Keep going. It will be worth it and good luck. Hellena