Re: temperaprint & foaming

From: Alex Chater ^lt;alex.chater@macunlimited.net>
Date: 02/14/06-05:13:43 AM Z

Gord

It sounds to me that as Dennis said, that there is to much in the roller.
Getting the roller correctly loaded is the first part to getting a correct
coat.

A easy way that I would recommend is to use a 1" brush and paint the
emulsion on to the Yupo first and then use a dry clean roller to smooth the
coat. Roll with a little pressure and let up on that pressure as you go
continue rolling. Go slow and deliberate when you start and light and fast
when you finish. Roll in one direction only when you start.

The other way is to load the roller evenly using a sheet of glass, as Dave
Soemarko said, and roll until the there is just sufficient on the roller.
When rolling on to a print that is A3 Super size the first pass along the
long dimension should be a bit heavy. the second about right and the third
should be a bit light using the same pressure These passes should be done
with a deliberate hand and in successive stripes. The next set of passes
done in the opposite direction is done with a slightly lighter hand and
pulls the heavy strip over the light one. this will give you a generally
even coat. Keep alternating direction and roll methodically, roll in one
direction only and lighten your touch as you go till the roller is just
skimming the surface and is moving much faster than when you first started.
Towards the end of the coating rolling in both directions helps to smooth it
down

Done like his foaming isn't an issue. The Temperaprint is built up in layers
that are thin. Its all a matter of technique, or the "knack", rather than
science

Alex