Re: temperaprint & foaming

From: martinm ^lt;martinm@gawab.com>
Date: 02/14/06-11:11:38 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Loris Medici" <mail@loris.medici.name>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:43 PM
Subject: RE: temperaprint & foaming

> Gordon is not trying to coat on glass but on a synthetic paper called
> Yupo. Glass is used to remove excess sensitizer from the foam roller.
> Few words about Meyer (not Mayer) rod coating and temperaprint: I'm not
> sure if that's a good idea - I wouldn't use a Meyer rod to coat an
> emulsion that incorporates a strong oxidiser (such as Ammonium or
> Potassium dichromate); it may cause corrosion therefore ruin the rod.

I may have been wrong about the glass coating - thanks for the
clarification - but regarding the spelling I was probably right. Take a look
at www.rdspecialties.com ("about us"). The Mayer bar seems to have been
introduced by a certain Charles Mayer.
I don't think corrosion is much of an issue with the materials involved. But
if you're concerned about that, you might go for "threaded plastic rod"...

Martin