tempraprint why yupo

From: bsinger ^lt;bsinger@sasktel.net>
Date: 02/14/06-11:31:59 AM Z

I have read Peter Fredrick's enlightening explanation of the tempraprint
process that appears at unblinkingeye and seen his wonderful pictures
that use that process. But I do not understand why one has to use a
plastic base such as Yupo. Even that article says you can use a heavily
sized water coloar paper. A bit of an explanation occurs in his article
where he says :
    "As previously stated, because the egg is naturally viscous and
adhesive it will coat onto any suitably prepared surface. However what
has to be born in mind is it must be coated onto a surface, not
into a surface. This is the fundamental difference between Gum and Egg
methodology. I have been using a laminated
polypropylene plastic paper known as Yupo for the past fifteen years. I
have prints on my front room gallery wall that date from 1985 that show
no loss of quality. The paper facilitates a stain free surface,
and is dimensionally stable, allowing an extremely accurate system of
registration, thus in one stroke solving technical
problems inherent in other processes. Other surfaces such polyester
Melamex or a heavily sized Watercolour paper.can also be imployed as
long as the egg does not impregnate the surface."

Has anyone tried tempraprint on other surfaces?

Barry