RE: $2.6 million gum print?

From: Gawain Weaver ^lt;gawain.weaver@gmail.com>
Date: 02/16/06-11:04:05 PM Z

There are three "copies" of this print. Though I have never seen it myself,
I understand that the print at MOMA is significantly different, while the
one remaining at the Met is fairly similar to the print from the Gilman
collection that was sold at auction. Which explains, in part, why it was
sold. The print at auction was acquired from the family that had purchased
the print from Steiglitz (acting as an agent for Steichen).

Gawain