Fwd: Digital Negs - breaking the rules

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/17/06-01:50:49 PM Z

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:18:44 EST
From: Ender100@aol.com
Subject: Re: Digital Negs - breaking the rules
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Full-name: Ender100

--Boundary_(ID_9/PlflpNqd+keHOb7shRgg)

In a message dated 2/17/06 5:41:15 AM, gasparinho@mac.com writes:

> So I am back to square one. I want to keep the Matte black in the printer.
>
> My idea is to print chromogenic negatives, limiting or eliminating the use
> of matte black.
> Because the 7800 uses two more blacks, light and light-light and their
> drying characteristics similar to the photo black, I believe that by increasing
> the levels of these two inks, acceptable results may be achieved.
>
> The Image Print software has an ink limit feature that I am planning to use
> for this.
>
> Before I start throwing money out of the window, has anyone already done
> some research along these lines?

a little.

I don't think you are going to have much luck trying to increase the Light &
Light Light inks to get enough density to make a negative. Skip the black
inks completely and just use color inks.

Best Wishes,

Mark I. Nelson
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com
www.PrecisionDigitalNegatives.com
PDNPrint Forum @ Yahoo Groups

--Boundary_(ID_9/PlflpNqd+keHOb7shRgg)

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" SIZE="2"><BR>
In a message dated 2/17/06 5:41:15 AM, gasparinho@mac.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE CITE STYLE="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px" TYPE="CITE"></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" SIZE="2">So I am back to square one. I want to keep the Matte black in the printer.<BR>
<BR>
My idea is to print chromogenic negatives, limiting or eliminating the use of matte black.<BR>
Because the 7800 uses two more blacks, light and light-light and their drying characteristics similar to the photo black, I believe that by increasing the levels of these two inks, acceptable results may be achieved.<BR>
<BR>
The Image Print software has an ink limit feature that I am planning to use for this.<BR>
<BR>
Before I start throwing money out of the window, has anyone already done some research along these lines?<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" SIZE="2"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" SIZE="2">a little.<BR>
<BR>
I don't think you are going to have much luck trying to increase the Light &amp; Light Light inks to get enough density to make a negative.&nbsp; Skip the black inks completely and just use color inks.<BR>
<BR>
Best Wishes,<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Mark I. Nelson<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR="#B0B0B0" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" SIZE="2">www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com<BR>
www.PrecisionDigitalNegatives.com<BR>
PDNPrint Forum @ Yahoo Groups</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" SIZE="2"><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" SIZE="2"></FONT></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_9/PlflpNqd+keHOb7shRgg)--