Re: PS Re: off topic warning about purchasing cameras online

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 02/20/06-04:20:53 PM Z

Thank ALL of you for all the input on this topic. I felt so supported
through this. So far I have: a) called Nikon to make sure it is not grey
market b)called mack.com to make sure the warranty is real c) joined a
website recommended by Nikon to report them as a business to avoid and will
report them to the better business bureau also as well as Ken Rockwell.

Apparently it is not illegal for them to break apart kits and resell :(
according to Nikon. Nikon was very sympathetic at least.

Michael, speaking of padding prices--my SHIPPING was $50!! I figured it was
some sort of special shipping, but it was only UPS ground!!! ARGGGGHHHH and
the box wasn't big.

Nikon said a common practice is to close up a website and assume another
name when they are rated poorly on the web, though. He also said a good
ploy is to get the street address and say that you are visiting them.

Bottom line: i will never order from an unknown company again.

I don't think this place has any idea of the phrase, "Hell hath seen no fury
like a woman scorned". Or the power of one consumer's mouth...

And Michael, we WANT new people to jump in, or else you hear my tired old bs
over and over...
chris

From: "Grillo Michael" <grillo@maine.edu>